Register for the 75th Swiftsure International Yacht Race
May 26-28, 2018
Did you know Swiftsure International Yacht Race is the biggest yacht race on the West Coast of North America? And among the longest-standing in the world? Be proud to compete in a yacht race with such deep roots, especially on its 75th anniversary!
Fees for Swiftsure 2018 are based on your yacht’s length overall as listed on your rating certificate. Early bird fees apply to all registrations submitted on or before Friday, Apr 27th, 2018. Note: prices are in Canadian dollars and do not include applicable taxes.
What’s new with Swiftsure 2018? Three additions to the Swiftsure Inshore Classic races, focused on attracting some racing history:
- Legends of Swiftsure race; No current PHRF rating? No problem, one will be assigned
- Boats that have previously competed in a Swiftsure long course race (Swiftsure Lightship Classic, Cape Flattery, Juan de Fuca), but have not competed since 2010; and
- Boats built prior to 1967.
- Six Metre Class race; these will race as a One Design
- Cruising race; there will be a Flying Sails and Non-Flying Sails class and again, No current PHRF rating? No problem, one will be assigned
- For the Legends of Swiftsure, Six Metre Class and Cruising races, the safety equipment requirements of the regulatory authority of their country of residence (e.g.; US Coast Guard, Transport Canada) will apply
What else is new? Plans are afoot to hold the Friday racers’ festivities right on the docks, with The Midnights performing while Spinnakers beer is served. Dockside festivities has been a long-held aspiration of Event Chair Vern Burkhardt which, with support from the Greater Victoria Harbour Authority, the City of Victoria, and other sponsors, will now come to fruition.
What stays the same? The Thursday night dock celebration. Swiftsure is working with the team of Prince of Whales Whale Watching plus Spinnakers and Mount Gay Rum. A fun evening catching up with friends.